- Fire Extinguisher: Make sure your extinguisher is fully functioning. Replace or rechange it when necessary to prepare for any potential fires.
- Forced-Air Heating System: Perform maintenance as instructed my manual (changing filters, etc.)
- Garbage Disposal: Keep blades clean and debris-free by flushing with hot water and baking soda.
- Range Hood: Clean grease filters to prevent fires.
- Washing Machine: Clean out the filer, stoppers, and drain holes. It is an expensive appliance to repair that can do a bit of water damage if not maintained properly.
- Water Softener: Conduct quality tests on house water. Make adjustments if needed.